The FESTA Handbook
To improve comparability and significance of FOT results at national and European levels, the FESTA project, funded by the European Commission, originally developed a handbook on FOT methodology.
The methodology is now owned by the FOT community. It is promoted and it has been periodically updated by FOT-Net. The latest update was version 7 in December 2018. FOT-Net has organised webinars and workshops disseminating the methodology.
Even though FESTA Handbook was made for FOTs, the basic steps in it are applicable and recommended for field tests of all kind.
FOT-Net has organised webinars and workshops disseminating the methodology. Recorded webinars (in the FOT-Net Library) explain the main steps in FESTA:
- Introduction to FESTA Methodology
- Context, functions, use cases, research questions and hypotheses
- Performance indicators, study design, measures and sensors
- Legal and ethical issues
- Databases, data analysis and hypothesis testing
- Impact assessment and socioeconomic cost–benefit analysis
- Data sharing
We invite projects to use FESTA, provide feedback and send us new methodology-related reports!
FOT-Net has also published a Data Sharing Framework as a complement to FESTA. The framework contains a set of guidelines and best practices on data management and sharing.