This section analyses the testing regulations coming into force in several European Member States, as well as at international level, in order to reflect on and define a set of guidelines for future EU level projects involving vehicles with high levels of automation.
The information in this section was first compiled in the framework of the CARTRE project. Representatives at National Level were contacted and the most relevant projects and initiatives dealing with testing regulations were considered.
ARCADE will continuously update the information compiled in the previous project. Furthermore, there will be additional focus on the following topics:
- Changes on traffic rules taking place in Europe
- Exemption Application Procedure
- Vehicle Safety and Security Framework
- Vehicle Driver’s License Framework
- Periodic vehicle assessment procedure